Thursday, December 30, 2010

Annual Holiday Sushi Feast

 
 12/29/10

Okasan, Yuichi, Noriko and I went to the International Marketplace in Las Vegas to buy the ingredients for the Sushi Dinner that Okasan makes every year when I come to visit.

 There were so many cultures represented with the product selection and customers. I heard so many languages in one building as patrons shopped.

Yuichi selected some Blue Crabs. The were indigenous to the East Coast, where he attended school.

He said he liked the flavor better than other types of crab and knew how to prepare them.

Behind the crab bin, you can see several sashimi quality cuts of Sakana (fish).









Fresh fish is flown in to Las Vegas and delivered to the many Asian restaurants.


Sashimi is Okasan and my favorite food. Once a year, when I visit, she makes a feast and we eat until we've had our fill.

After dinner, I took out the camera and tripod for a Holiday family photo.





2 comments:

  1. The food looks so delicious! I hope you had a fun time in Las Vegas.

    良いお年を!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sashimi looks sooooooooooo good!

    ReplyDelete